Wednesday 29 May 2013

And we're off!

My bag is nearly packed, my suitcase is just about closed. No, I haven't decided that Andy's geekery is too much for me to take. I'm actually off for a bit of investing indulgence as I leave tomorrow morning for a three day intensive course about property investment.  I must admit to feeling a mixture of excitement, nervousness, and wonderment - who will be there? What will we discuss? Will I feel totally out of my depth and wish I had concentrated more on maths at school? Particularly when the training moves on to an analysis of interest rate percentage points, calculations of Return on Investment (ROI - I know that one!), or mortgage amortisation comparisons?

Hm. Calculator where are you when I need you?  

I'm optimistic though that this three-day residential Property Investors Network 'Property Mastermind Accelerator' programme down in Birmingham will help me learn something more about property. It all looks amazing - although I expect it to be very tiring too. There are so many ins and outs to investing in property and it seems that you need to be able to use a number of different strategies to be successful. I think I have learnt some new things in the last couple of years but need to stretch myself again. I am anticipating something good meeting other property investors and finding out about their stories and backgrounds. 

In the meantime while I'm gone, would you like a sneaky peak at how the house is coming along? I was amazed today to show two people round who dropped in on spec, tiptoeing over the rubbish piled in the front yard, wiping their feet from the dust and debris, to let me know they would like to rent a room!

Here you go ...
Attic room (blinds not in situ yet)

Stairs to attic

Landing

Ensuite

Other view of ensuite

Upstairs front bedroom

Upstairs middle bedroom

Upstairs middle bedroom with view of ensuite door!

Shower room

Downstairs front room 

Kitchen

Downstairs middle room

Downstairs middle room (the red room)!

Hallway into property


There are lots of little jobs still to do - pictures and mirrors need putting up, the built in wardrobes need shelves adding to them, there is a lock on the bathroom door that needs fitting, the blinds need putting up in the attic, kitchen and shower room etc etc.

But we are certainly making progress. Can't wait to show you when it's all totally finished!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a brilliant time! The house looks amazing - but possibly rather nice for a rental? Suse x

    ReplyDelete