Sunday 2 December 2012

Be warned - do your homework first!!

As anyone who went to school with me will testify, homework was not my strong point. When asked why I had not completed a particular piece of work, I would launch into a pre-prepared speech exonerating the values of verbal debate over written expression, explaining how homework had lost its value in an age of discussion, where an era of feminist thought was leading girls into professions of the highest calibre where only verbal repartee characterised true proficiency.  This did not fool my teachers though, and I had to do some quite expert and creative editing before my parents saw my school report. Much of it contained the phrase 'needs to stop talking'.

Nowadays, though, I can see the importance of homework. No not essays and the such like, useful though they may be in structuring thought and language. Homework in this case, which is akin to research. It should be a familiar and necessary process for anyone considering becoming a landlord. Homework about the area, the possible rental yields, the preparedness if things go wrong, the systems you will utilise to manage the property effectively. If you don't do this and jump in with both feet before you're really ready, you may have some problems later down the line which no amount of banter can talk you out of!

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-2236164/Buy-let-landlords-risk-left-pocket-fail-simple-checks.html

No comments:

Post a Comment